1. You see it. On a billboard! You come across it accidentally (Cough! Targeted Facebook Advertising Cough!) on the right hand side of your timeline.
It’s almost as if the slogan was written by you! It’s ironic. It’s a double-entendre. Plus your mom won’t know that you are saying a dirty thing 🙂 You buy the t-shirt immediately!
2. You now wear your t-shirt everywhere cool!
Friends, classmates and colleagues laugh, and congratulate you on your sardonic sense of humour. Your crush looks at the words on your chest and completely ‘gets you.’ – That is what raised eyebrow means. Right? Right?
3. It’s been a few days and your mom gives it for a wash without your knowledge. You know this means it’s a 50:50 chance that it will survive. Will you t-shirt change colour in the washing machine and die the usual laundry death?
4. Even if it survives, like everything in life, this tee loses its newness. You now wear it to go to the barber shop, to quickly go to the corner kirana shop and get ginger-garlic paste for your mom. You leave it in your room hanging behind a chair.
5. This is when your younger sibling creeps into your room one day and ‘rescues’ your t-shirt and starts wearing it to college and to hang out with friends. You worry. Is your tee back in trend? Are you missing something? But, mostly you see your idiot brother or sister wearing that t-shirt and you realise it is your favourite t-shirt and it must be taken back.
They try to argue…But it’s your “Favourite T-shirt” you tell them! You win!
6. There is a romance kindling of sorts. You start wearing it again! Faded, comfy tees are the best! You now sleep in it.
Things are getting a bit ‘holey’ and your mom frowns every time she sees you wearing it. But hey you just think of it as air-conditioning!
7. One day you see your kaamwali bai using something very familiar to clean the floor. You get really upset and you go storming to your mother as if in war! Why doesn’t she just understand you!
Why do they have to ruin your life? You mom just rolls her eyes and stops listening.
The t-shirt as you knew it is dead. Long live t-shirts!
***Ahem! Minions the Movie releases in India on the 10th of July!***